First Person Dramatic Narrative Preaching
Titles and Characters
Written and Preached by Pastor O. Kris and Debbie Widmer
1979 to the Present
A Current Inventory of Messages
Titles for messages used in more than one series
are listed and numbered only once.
Updated on December 8, 2015
Evangelism Series: Originally Produced 1993
1. The Missing Person: Now You See Him, Now You Don’t
a. Doctrine: Enoch (Eternal Life)
2. The Man Who Wouldn’t Die: It’s Not Like They Didn’t Try
a. Doctrine: John the Revelator (Second Coming)
3. The Lord’s Messenger: Dream a Little Dream With Me
a. Doctrine: Gabriel (Great Controversy)
4. Sour Grapes: It Wasn’t the Apple on the Tree, but the Pair on the Ground
a. Doctrine: Adam and Eve (Plan of Salvation) w/Debbie
5. The Wale Watcher: An Insider Account
a. Doctrine: Jonah (Prophets)
6. The Jay Walker: This Time They Throw The Book At Him.
a. Doctrine: Pool of Bethesda (Sabbath)
7. A Meal Fit for a King: How Come You’re Not Eating?
a. Doctrine: The Melzar (Daniel 1) (Health)
8. The Housekeeper: Hurry! This Time It Is REALLY Dirty!
a. Doctrine: Aaron (Sanctuary)
9. The Imprisoned Preacher: Will His Final Message Be Heard?
a. Doctrine: Paul (Sanctification)
10. The Tales Dead Men Tell: He’s Baa-aaack!
a. Doctrine: Lazarus (State of the Dead)
11. The Fisherman: The Tale of One That Didn’t Get Away.
a. Doctrine: Peter (Stewardship)
12. The Rookie: Boy! Is He Ever Wet Behind the Ears!
a. Doctrine: Chariot Driver Acts 8 - (Baptism)
Daniel Series: Originally Produced 1998
Belteshazzar’s Butler: Will That Be a Table for Four?
a. Daniel 1: The Melzar (Duplicate Doctrine Series: Health)
b. aka “A Meal Fit for A King: How Come You’re Not Eating?”
1. The Shaky Shaman: The Sooth Who Had No Say
a. Daniel 2: A Soothsayer
2. The Captain’s Calculations: “3+0=4”
a. Daniel 3: Captain of the Guard
3. The Potentate’ Problem: “Pride..and Now the Pasture.”
a. Daniel 4: The King’s Caretaker
4. The Temperamental Trustee: “Hands Off! Don’t Touch!”
a. Daniel 5: Mithradath (Ezra 1:8)
5. Bel-Marduk and His Brutes: “When the King of Beasts Meets the King of Kings.”
a. Daniel 6: Lion Keeper
6. The Mediator’s Memo: From Mystery to the Messiah”
a. Daniel 9: Daniel, in Prayer
7. The Cosmic Connection: “Star Light, Star Bright, Strange Star I See Tonight.”
a. Daniel 9: Melchoir + The 70 Weeks + Balaam’s Prophecy
Holy Week: First Produced: 1994
1. The King’s Herald: Mission Impossible? Mission Complete!
a. Holy Week: John the Baptist
2. The Exclaimer’s: Wow! and Why?
a. Holy Week: Lazarus and Mary w/Debbie
3. The Fireside Chat: Talking a Blue Streak
a. Holy Week: Peter, Post Denial
4. A Man of the Cloth: Now, It’s In Stitches
a. Holy Week: Caiaphas, the High Priest
5. The Yes Man: Will He Ever Say “No!”?
a. Holy Week: Pilate and Mrs. Pilate w/ Debbie
6. The Weight Lifter: His Record Still Stands!
a. Holy Week: Simon of Cyrene
7. The Convict: Free on a Technicality
a. Holy Week: Barabbas (short)
8. The Guide: Don’t Follow Him, He Went The Wrong Way!
a. Holy Week: Judas Iscariot (short)
9. The Forget-Me-Not: He Loves Me, He Loves Me
a. Holy Week: The Repentant Thief (short)
10. The Grim Reaper: Why Then, Is He Smiling?
a. Holy Week: The Centurion at the Cross (See Below for Historical Article)
11. The Secret Admirer: Going Public For the First Time
a. Holy Week: Nicodemus (+ Short Version)
12. The Skeptic: This Time, He is Sure!
a. Holy Week: Thomas (+ Short Version)
Christmas Time Messages: Built Over Time
1. The Dreamer: Leave, Cleave, Believe
a. Christmas: Joseph of Nazareth
2. The Watcher: Do You See What I See?
a. Christmas: Simeon in the Temple
3. The Farmhand’s Fable: The Fleece, The Flames and the Fallout.”
a. Christmas: a Shepherd of Bethlehem
a. Christmas: Mary, Post Cross (+ Mother’s Day) Debbie.
See Also: Gabriel in Doctrine Series
See Also: a Magi in Daniel Series
1. The Risen Christ: He Calls Me Still!
a. Easter: Peter (with fish) (Short Version)
2. Blind Man’s Bluff: Hind Sight Really is 20/20
3. The Favored One: Daddy’s Little Boy Grows Up
a. Joseph…Jacob’s 11th Son
4. The Worthy Student: It’s a Miracle He’s In School
a. School of the Prophets – Axe Head
5. A Big Dipper: The Maid, The Melanosis and the Minnows
a. Captain of Naaman’s Guard - Naaman
6. A Soldier’s Story: Gagging on a Gag Order
a. Roman Soldier : Resurrection - Pay Off (short)
7. When Money Talks: Messages of Change
a. The Coin (Money in the Bible)
8. The Cornfield Cleopas: From Confusion to Clarity
a. History Alive: Hirum Edson (Oct 22, 2011)
9. The Marathon Man: When a Runner Hits the Wall
a. Paul…Elder Kubrock’s Idea
10. The Officer and the Gentleman: Postage for a Prisoner
a. Roman Soldier on Patmos, Re John’s Revelation (Short)
11. The M.D. – When A Doctor Meets The Great Physician
a. Luke – How Jesus Treated Women
12. The Barbeque: of Brothers, Brisket and Bear-hugs
a. The Prodigal Son and His Brother
13. The Senior Citizen: Social Security and the Savior
a. The Old Man – Ecclesiastes 12
14. The Fig-tree Figure: Finding Faith…and a Future
Current Total Number of Messages: = 49